Director Business Development – U.S. North America
Sales / Business Development
U.S. North America
ESTERN Medical is a rapidly growing Pharma & Medical Device Full (CRO) contract research organization based in Boston/Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S. and regional subsidiaries across Latin America (Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Argentina & Brazil) who have developed and implemented a very unique and successful full CRO & consulting model.
Develops and maintains sales and business relationships with current, prior and prospective ESTERN Medical clients to establish new and repeat clinical research project services provided by ESTERN Medical.
The position will cover the U.S. territory, and candidates should be located East, Central & West Cost conveniently to located to a Pharmaceutical & Medical Device geographic corridor hub.
Identifies and qualifies clients by establishing a sales/business relationship to ensure an active and continuous new and expanded business pipeline that exceeds strategic, long term, annual, and quarterly targeted sales projections with Biotech’s, Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Companies ranging from Phase I, II, III & IV.
- Identifies sales opportunities and leads teams requiring more than one ESTERN Medical business function and/or location to sell ESTERN Medical services.
- Leads sales team in developing winning strategies, project plans, client interactions, proposal creation, presentations, and closure of sales opportunities, contracts and change orders.
- Identifies, qualifies, and closes profitable clinical development projects that are within ESTERN Medical current and planned service capabilities.
- Contacts client decision-makers, key management and senior staff to identify, qualify, pursue and close new business opportunities.
- Leads management team, sales and market support and others to plan and implement sales cycle opportunities.
- Conducts continuous market research to determine potential clinical research projects and clients.
- Provides business and administrative leadership to sales teams, including implementation of ESTERN Medical Sales Methodology, throughout the RFP cycle.
- Works with operations management to ensure clear understanding of clients’ needs so client expectations are appropriately managed and consistently exceeded.
- Addresses client issues so a high degree of client satisfaction is maintained.
- Collaborates with operations management to apply ESTERN Medical expertise to meet clients’ needs and opportunities.
- Works with client and ESTERN Medical sales team to ensure that client’s needs are fully articulated by client and clearly understood by sales team.
- Briefs new project team on history of the sale, key contract provisions, deliverables, budget, timelines, and other helpful information such as personalities or politics.
- Conducts periodic meetings involving client and ESTERN Medical senior management to provide a forum to communicate client satisfaction, identify evolving client needs, and discuss opportunities to improve services and speed clinical development through new processes, methods, procedures, and technology.
- Meets at least quarterly with client’s management to monitor progress of current projects, project spending, and client satisfaction; promptly provides feedback to operations management.
- Responds promptly to all client requests.
- Promptly submits budgets and signed contracts to Finance for project cost, time-tracking, and invoicing purposes.
- Provides Finance with client-specific invoicing instructions.
- Ensures ESTERN Medical business processes meet client requirements (e.g., invoicing).
- Notifies client well in advance of all impending change orders and ensures change orders are clearly documented and can be readily understood by the client.
- Promptly advises team of new developments and changing client needs.
- Acts as primary contact to client for non-project requirements and inquiries.
- Provides leadership and information to the proposal team to create a high quality proposal.
- Clarifies client’s RFP and works closely with proposals team to ensure that ESTERN Medical proposal offers superior solution to client’s needs
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in a health sciences discipline from an accredited institution required or equivalent experience. “Preferably with an MBA Degree”
- Advanced degree in a health sciences discipline or an advanced business degree or their international equivalents from an accredited institution preferred.
- Experience in clinical research operations and/or CRO, Pharma, Medical Device business development required.
- Account Executive requires some consultative selling experience, or tangential experience, prefer CRO, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device Industry experience.
- Account Manager requires 5-7+ years of consultative selling experience, mostly within the CRO Industry.
- Account Director requires substantial consultative selling experience within the CRO Industry. Experience selling Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Phase Services (Phase I, II, III & IV) is required.